Summer Blessing Boxes
We are excited to announce that we will be building a Blessing Box with the help of the Church of the Advocate! A Blessing Box is a community effort and operates as a “mini food pantry” to help individuals in need. Community members can take what they need and/or give what they can. Not only is it our hope that the Blessing Box serves individuals in crisis, but also it stands as a visual reminder of community connection and collaboration.
But we need your help to initially stock the Blessing Box! Would you be able to donate any of the following items to help sustain this community effort?
- Non-perishable food items: canned goods (pop-top), rice, beans, nutrition bars, etc.
- Menstrual products: tampons, pads, and liners.
- Diapers & baby formula
- Wipes (sanitizing wipes, baby wipes)
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Toothpaste & toothbrushes
- Soap & shampoo
- Cloth face masks
If you are as excited as we are and able to give, below are 3 ways to donate items through the end of July:
- Ship online orders to the JSC Carrboro House at 203 A Laurel Ave, Carrboro, NC 27510.
- Drop-off donations at the JSC Carrboro House at 203 A Laurel Ave, Carrboro 27510.
- Bring donations to the Blessing Ceremony in July (stay tuned for more details!).