The basic unit in the Episcopal Church is a diocese. The Chapel of the Cross is part of the Diocese of North Carolina, presided over by the bishop in Raleigh.
Originally this diocese comprised the entire state of North Carolina. Later the diocese was split into three sections, the Diocese of East Carolina, the Diocese of Western North Carolina, and the central part of the state was left under the original name. All the 100 plus dioceses in the country constitute the Episcopal Church of the United States. The Episcopal Church, in turn is a member of the worldwide Anglican Communion. For additional information, visit the following websites.
- The Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina
- The Episcopal Church
- Episcopal Relief and Development: Provides worldwide relief, rehabilitation, and development support to people in need
- The Episcopal Church and Visual Arts: Features online exhibits “encouraging visual arts in the life of the Episcopal Church”
- The Episcopal News Service
- The Episcopal Church Foundation